Keeping You Safe
Following the government announcement on the 8th Dec, we can confirm all remaining 2021 events at The Hub at St Mary’s will go ahead as planned.
- As we are classed as a small venue, we do not require ticket holders to display Covid Vaccine Passports or negative Lateral Flow tests.
- Office staff will work from home wherever possible.
- As of Friday 10th December, all Coffee Shop service staff and events staff will wear face masks. We encourage anyone entering the space to where a mask when not eating or drinking. If attending an event, we would ask you to keep your mask on unless you are exempt from wearing one.
The Coffee Shop will also remain open 9:30-3 Tuesdays to Saturday, until 1pm on Christmas Eve when it will close for the festive period.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Hub to enjoy the festivities whilst we do our best to keep everyone safe.
Should you need further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated: 9th December 2021
Welcoming You Back Safely
Frequently Asked Questions
The Hub at St Mary’s has been awarded Good To Go status, designed by VisitEngland and recognised by the National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
This Industry Standard mark confirms that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We’ve implemented a number of changes to our coffee shop, events and gallery experience:
- All visitors and staff in public areas are required to wear face coverings, unless they are exempt. You can remove your face covering when seated at a coffee shop table so that you can eat and drink
- Coffee Shop tables are spaced out
- We’re providing hand sanitisers around the venue – as well as free access to sanitising wipes
- We are encouraging cashless payments in the coffee shop (but we will take cash if absolutely necessary)
- We are managing toilet facilities to control the number of people in and out and ensuring regular enhanced cleaning takes place
- There is a suggested one-way route to keep visitors flowing in the same direction
- We’ve installed lots of guidance on hygiene, social distancing and safety measures as friendly reminders to everyone on how to enjoy their visit, including lots of supporting signage
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements (including hourly cleans of all touch points) may mean a wait for some things, such as toilets, lifts or access to certain areas. Please be patient and be respectful to our staff
Yes. In line with government guidance, we are encouraging visitors to our gallery or coffee shop to wear a face mask. However visitors attending our events are required to wear a face covering unless seated to eat or drink.
It is not the responsibility of the Hub Team to enforce this change in legislation; it is the responsibility of the police. We have installed signage to help communicate the mandatory face covering message to our visitors.
There are some exemptions when visitors / customers do not need to wear a face covering if there is a legitimate reason not to.
To find out more about exemptions, including details of downloadable exemption cards, please visit the Government website here. You may be required to present such an exemption card if asked by the authorities.
No, based on the current government guidance and advice, we won’t be checking people’s temperature.
Our toilet facilities (including baby changing and disabled toilets) will be open, with limited capacity to enable social distancing. Our team will be carefully managing these areas so there may be a short wait to use the facilities. All our washrooms will be checked regularly throughout the day and all touch points sanitised, for your safety.
No. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or who live with someone with symptoms, should follow government guidance and self-isolate. We will have signage asking visitors with symptoms to not enter the building.
No. As we are classed as a small venue, we do not require ticket holders to display Covid Vaccine Passports or negative Lateral Flow tests. We do however require you to follow the latest government guidelines and wear a face covering unless exempt.